We would work across the Combined County Authority (CCA), area to lead the way in moving from fossil to fusion and play our part in achieving our national ambition to achieve net zero by 2050.
Our ambition is that the CCA area will be a leader in pioneering new forms of clean energy generation and will act as an exemplar for climate change adaption.
Devolution means we could work more effectively on a larger scale so we can all benefit from cleaner air, lower heating costs, and so we can move towards being carbon neutral, with:
- new low carbon homes
- retrofitting existing homes with external
- wall insulation
- promoting the use of renewable energy
- protecting and enhancing our green spaces.
- explore the establishment of heat network zoning to decarbonise heating and hot water
- the opportunity to potentially increase the Area’s electricity network capacity
It would make £18 million available to support housing and drive Net Zero ambitions in the East Midlands.